Dress for Success: Ace Your Interview
You have an interview for your dream job at your fingertips, and you want to do everything in your power to be successful! The “Ace Your Interview” series will provide some useful tips and suggestions to calm your nerves and help you land that dream job.
One of the biggest concerns about an interview is wardrobe. What do you wear? When you get ready, make sure to follow these guidelines.
- Suits are always a solid choice. Whether it be a pants suit or a skirt suit, you just can’t go wrong with this classic staple.
- Neutral colors are preferable - There is nothing more distracting during an interview then loud prints and colors.
- Make sure your clothes are pressed and wrinkle free.
- A well-kept, neat hairstyle will go the extra mile for you.
- No smoking beforehand. You don’t want to walk in with a cloud and smell of smoke surrounding you.
- Keep your perfume subtle and your makeup minimal.
- Keep your jewelry nice and tasteful. No crazy big statement pieces.
- No cleavage
Remember you need to look the part and act the part if you want to get the part.